Cassandra's approval rating is determined by your choices in conversation and in the game decisions in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Below is a list of all her reactions to quest and personal dialogue. Approval rating may be checked at the "Gather Party" screen by observing the cards, or by the interactions with the NPC.
Please see the page above to see how judging prisoners affects Approval with this character.
Cassandra asks you to help her hunt down 5 targets. Each one killed with her in the party grants ( +3) Approval.
Approval on Quest Choices
- Charge with the soldiers in the Frostback Mountains during The Wrath of Heaven. (+2)
- Go to Redcliffe Castle and accept mages as conscripts.
- Go to Therinfal Redoubt and ally with the templars.
- Say you’ll be a “servant of faith” when made Inquisitor.
- Exile the Wardens after securing Adamant.
- Support Gaspard at the Winter Palace.
- Empress Celene dies at the Winter Palace.
- Drink from the Well of Sorrows.
- Recruiting Corporal Vale
- Take the mountain path in the Frostback Mountains during The Wrath of Heaven. (-1)
- Choose to meet with the mages while in Haven. (-1)
- Go to Redcliffe Castle and ally with the mages.
- Disband the Templar Order in Champions of the Just. (-2)
- Recruit Cole. (-1)
- Say you’ll “do it for my own power” when made Inquisitor.
- Allow the Wardens to join the Inquisition after Adamant.
- Support Briala at the Winter Palace.
- Allow Morrigan to drink from the Well of Sorrows.
Approval on War Table Missions
Approval on Dialogue
"... It may be the key to stopping this, but there isn't much time."
- If I can help, I will. (+2)
- Will helping save me?
- Do I have a choice?(-2)
"...Drop your weapon. Now"
- All right. I'll disarm, (+2)
- You need to trust me. (-2)
- I need this weapon!
- (Mage Only) I don't need a weapon. (-1)
"...How do you think we should proceed?"
- Take the mountain path. (-1)
- Charge with soldiers. (+2)
- You're asking for my opinion?
"...The breach is stable, but it is still a threat. I will not ignore it."
- I did all I could (+1)
- I'm still a suspect?
- You want my help. Again.
"...Providence. The Maker sent him to us in our darkest hour."
- Blessed be the maker (+2)
- You believe I'm innocent.
- I am not a "chosen one." (-1)
- What more do you want?
- Are you serious? (-1)
"... But we have no choice: we must act now. With you at our side."
- I want to help. (+1)
- This is rather strange.
- I agree. For now.
Approach Cassandra at the training grounds and initiate conversation.
- Are you all right?
- You need stronger dummies. (+1)(Slightly Approves)
- Was that supposed to be me?
- You're impressive. (+1) (romance)
"... One day, they may write about me as a traitor, a madwoman, a fool, and they may be right."
- You had to do it
- It's too late to turn back
- It was foolish (-2)
- What do you believe?
- You don't think I'm chosen?
- What happens next?
"... I cannot afford to be so careless again."
- You had cause (+2)
- Glad to hear it (+1)
- No, you can't (-1)
"... You've said you believe you're chose. Does that mean... you believe in the Maker?"
- Yes (+2)
- No (-2)
- (Qunari Only) I'm Qunari, remember?
- (Elf Only) I believe in elven gods.
- I don't know.
"... I'm... not sure. Where are you from?"
- [Tell her]
- [Make something up] (-2)
- You don't know?
"... Do you consider the Free Marches your home? Are you eager to go back?"
- I hated it (+2)
- eventually, perhaps.
- home is wherever I am (+1)
- None of your business
- I'd go now, if I had a choice
"... Tell me about yourself"
- I'd like us to be closer. (-1) (romance)
- Just being friendly (+2)
- Suspicious, aren't you?
- Just tell me.
"... Cassandra talks about Nevarra"
- You're Nevarran royalty?
- Is that why you left Nevarra?
- So you're not on good terms
- Others would be thankful (-1)
- Tell me about Nevarra
- What about your parents?
- What happened to your brother? (Must Pass Approval Check)
- I shouldn't have asked
- that's awful
- how did he die?
- I understand (+1)
- You blamed all mages?
- You didn't let it go
- You worked for the Divine?
- What is a Right Hand?
- You believed in her.
- How did you become Right Hand?
- You're being modest
- That's how stories work
- So what happened?
- You're still a hero
- Typical of the Chantry
- You're delightful (+1) (romance)
- What became of the mages? (repeat)
- Why did the Seekers rebel?
- You disagree?
- It was inevitable
- Mages should be free (-2)
- I agree with you (+1)
- You care deeply about it
- How did you become a Seeker?
- What is the vigil?
- It does sound wonderful (+2)
- Was it magic?
- You were delirious (-2)
- But what are Seekers?
- They did a bad job (-1)
- Then who watched you?
- So you led the templars?
- Could that be fixed?
- What abilities do you have?
- What are your gifts?
To Speaker Anais:
- I believe I'm the Chosen One" (+1)
- Help the refugees (+1)
To Connor (if he is alive in your game) in Redcliffe Village:
"...The boy with Redcliffe blood on his hands"
- It wasn't your fault (-1) Solas (+1)
- Recruiting Belle: Ask Cassandra for her opinion: (+1)
Approach Cassandra at Skyhold and initiate conversation.
"I don't deserve to be here."
- Don't blame yourself. (+2)
- We're all fools, Cassandra.
- We need to do better.
Approach Cassandra while she is reading a book:
- You don't need to be embarrassed. (+1)
- I should read it. (+1)
Convincing Varric to give Cassandra the next chapter of Swords and Shields: ( +3)
During Still Waters quest. Speaking to Mayor:
- Please let me help (+1)
During Someone to Lose. If you tell Emalien:
- He was brave.
- Teenagers are stupid. (-1)
- Blood Magic. (+1)