Cole is a Companion in Dragon Age 3: Inquisition.
He is a ghost in the shadows, walking unnoticed through crowds. He can slit an enemy's throat before they even realize he's there, and slip away, never to be seen again. Those few who do notice him soon forget he ever existed… and Cole isn't certain that he does exist. He is a spirit, impossibly caught between the immaterial realm of the Fade and the confusing realities of our physical world, but does that make him real? Does it make him human or a demonic pretender, as some believe?
All Cole knows for certain is that the world is full of pain and he must find his place within it. Those who wish to restore order and help the helpless will find him a strange but unwavering ally. Those who use their power for selfish reasons may never see Cole again—if they remember that he was there to begin with.
- If you chose to ally with the Templars in Champions of the Just, Cole appears in the nightmare world and assists you with the Envy Demon. He will then be in the War Room in Haven, where you can recruit him. If you chose to ally with the Rebel Mages, you will not meet Cole until Haven is attacked by Corypheus, as Cole will be the one to arrive to warn you of the attack. Once the Inquisition is moved to Skyhold, he can be recruited if talked to in the Courtyard.
- Once in party, can be found at near Seggrit's Shop for dialogue in Haven, or at the tavern in Skyhold.
- Recruitment Quest: The Forgotten Boy
- Personal Quest: Subjected to His Will
- Romance Quest: N/A
- Gift Quest: N/A
Cole War Table Ops
|Name, Time & Requirements||Best||Forces Reward||Secrets Reward||Connections Reward|
Locate Rhys and Evangeline (60 min)Available after talking to Cole about Rhys and Evangeline at Skyhold.
Cole's friends Rhys and Evangeline were not present at the Conclave. Complete this operation to rescue them.
|Secrets||30 Influence||30 Influence||30 Influence|
Deploy Rhys and Evangeline (60 min)Complete Locate Rhys and Evangeline.
Once the rescue is complete, you can then deploy Rhys and Evangeline as Inquisition agents as you see fit. Cole will approve of your actions, and there is no wrong way to complete this short chain of operations.
|Forces||30 Influence||3 Spirit Essence||N/A|
How to Romance Cole
Cole is not available for romance.
Cole Alignment & Approval Rating
Cole's approval rating is determined by your choices in conversation and in the game decisions in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Below is a list of all his reactions to quest and personal dialogue. Approval rating may be checked at the "Gather Party" screen by observing the cards, or by the interactions with the NPC.
Sit in Judgement
Please see the page above to see how judging prisoners affects Approval with this character.
During this quest, ( +2) for each lock opened. There are 7 in total
Approval on Quest Choices
- At Redcliffe Castle, ally with the mages.
- Disband the Templar order in Therinfal Redoubt .
- Recruit Cole (+3)
- Exile the Grey Wardens after securing Adamant.
- Support Briala at the Winter Palace.
- Reunite Celene and Briala at the Winter Palace.
- Everyone lives at the Winter Palace.
- Gain enough court approval (85+) to have Florianne arrested at the Winter Palace.
- Ally with Abelas at the Temple of Mythal.
- The Inquisitor or Morrigan drinks from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal.
- At Redcliffe Castle, conscript the mages.
- At Therinfal Redoubt, ally with the templars.
- Allow the Grey Wardens to join the Inquisition after securing Adamant.
- Support Gaspard at the Winter Palace.
- Allow Empress Celene to be assassinated at the Winter Palace.
- Refuse alliance with Abelas at the Temple of Mythal.
Approval on Dialogue
Cole appreciates compassion and helping the needy. He will dislike if you chose to imprison enemies, and will appreciate a gentle approach.
The Exalted Plains
During the quest Somone to Lose:
If you tell Emalien:
- He was brave. (+2)
- Teenagers are stupid. (+2)
- Blood Magic.
Quest or Place Name
"... Dialogue trigger."
- example reply. (+2)
- example reply?
- example reply?(-2)
Background, & Other Notes