Dorian is an Companion in Dragon Age 3: Inquisition.
"Being from a proud bloodline of the Tevinter Imperium has its advantages: Dorian was born with a flair for magic that made him the envy of his peers. He is charming and confident, his wit as sharp as any blade, and if some suggest his manner cocky, it could be attributed to being a powerful mage in a land where mages rule. Indeed, Dorian would be the pride of his family—if he didn't oppose everything his homeland has come to stand for. He wears the labels of "pariah" and "outcast" proudly, knowing that views of the Imperium are unlikely to change until and unless someone of his ability stands up to make a difference."
- If you allied with the Rebel Mages: In Hushed Whipsers Dorian is first encountered inside Redcliffe village's chantry after you've met Alexius. Here Dorian informs you of Alexius's devious plan and offers to help stop him. Once the Redcliffe Castle quest is done, Dorian offers to stay and help the Inquisition.
- If you chose to ally with the templars: Champions of the Just Dorian won't be met until you return to Haven after defeating the envy demon in Therinfal Redoubt. Dorian is arrives at Haven's main gate to warn you of Corypheus's attack. Once you are at Skyhold, you can speak to Dorian in the library to ask him to join the Inquisition.
- Approval Quest: One Less Venatori
- Personal Quest: Last Resort of Good Men
- Romance Quest:The Magister's Birthright
- Gift Quest: N/A
How to Romance Dorian
Dorian is a pariah mage from the Tevinter Imperium who joins the inquisition as a companion. Witty and prone to sarcasm, Dorian will reject commentary on Tevinter and those seeking to romance him should focus on understanding his sharp humor and pride in himself, as well as his achievements. Avoid brusque answers.
- Romance by: Males, any race
- Alignment: Smart and sarcastic.
- Important Approval Choices: Dorian Approval marks quest choices that impact this NPC. You should also complete his approval quest One Last Venatori
- Romance Point: You must complete Dorian's personal quest, Last Resort of Good Men and tell Dorian how you feel either after the quest or in Skyhold. Once you do this, Leliana, will message you and initiate the romance quest: The Magister's Birthright. Note that you cannot kill Ponchard or Dorian will end the romance. You can end the relationship at any point.
Dorian Alignment & Approval Rating
Dorian's approval rating is determined by your choices in conversation and in the game decisions in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Below is a list of all his reactions to quest and personal dialogue. Approval rating may be checked at the "Gather Party" screen by observing the cards, or by the interactions with the NPC.
Please see the page above to see how judging prisoners affects Approval with this character.
Helping Dorian kill the 3 Venatori will grant ( +3) for each (Greatly Approves).
Approval on Quest Choices
- Ally with the rebel mages at Redcliffe Castle.
- Say “Corypheus must be stopped” when made Inquisitor.
- Sentence Alexius to serve the mages of Redcliff. Or, with the Arcane Knowledge perk, make Alexius a magical researcher.
- Allow the Grey Wardens to join the Inquisition after securing Adamant.
- Gain enough court approval (85+) to have Florianne arrested at the Winter Palace.
- Reunite Celene and Briala at the Winter Palace.
- Allow Celene to be assassinated at the Winter Palace.
- Ally with Abelas at the Temple of Mythal.
- Defeat Calpernia without fighting at the Temple of Mythal.
- Allow Morrigan to drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal (bonus points if Dorian is in a romance with the Inquisitor)
- Conscript the mages at Redcliffe Castle.
- Disband or ally with the templars at Therinfal Redoubt.
- Make Alexius tranquil in his judgment.
- Say you'll “do it for my own power” when made Inquisitor.
- Exile the Grey Wardens after securing Adamant.
- Make Erimond tranquil when judging him.
- Kill Ponchard during Dorian's romance gift plot.
- Choose Gaspard as the next emperor of Orlais.
- Refuse an alliance with Abelas at the Temple of Mythal.
- Drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal (bonus disapproval if Dorian is in a romance with the Inquisitor)
Approval on War Table Missions
Approval on Dialogue
- He was brave. (-1)
- Teenagers are Stupid.
- Blood Magic (+1)
"... surely you've heard of it."
- I had a suspicion.
- Spare me the details.
- No women at all?
- I've done it. (romance)
- I had no idea.
"... Anything for that!"
- You didn't let him speak. (-2)
- Are we done? (-2)
- Don't leave it like this.
- Let's get you out of here.
"... I won't."
- Are you all right? (+2)
- What did he do, exactly?
- Maybe one day.
- It's always blood magic.
- What he did was wrong.
"... let me decide?"
- I'm sorry. (+2) --> continues below then Greatly Approves
- I was trying to help. --> concludes with no add'l points
- It's done --> concludes Approves
"... whole display."
- Good things. (+romance)
- You're brave (+2)
- It was entertaining.
- You're trouble. (-1)
"... I think they killed him."
- I'm sorry for your loss. (+2)
- That's not surprising.
- They'll pay (+1)
"... those who put the good of others above themselves."
- What about yourself?
- You might be idealizing him.
- Follow his example (+2)
"... drifted apart."
- I'm sorry. (+1)
- You mean you argued.
- You both gave up.
"... Dialogue trigger."
- example reply. (+2)
- example reply?
- example reply?(-2)
Background, & Other Notes