A short guide on how to approach Inquisition Rank, Influence and Power, as well as unlocking Perks in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Please consider this guide is just a suggestion and you may want to approach perks in your own preference.
When you enter Skyhold in game progression you want to have the Power for early access to many Orlais zones (i think i used like 64). As soon as you have access you can have your assistants gather resources which you cant reach yet easily. For ex. you can get Cullen to gather 6 Lazurite every 15 minutes, which is needed for Knight Enchanter Specialization.
- REDO EASY TO DO REQUISITIONS!
For example you can get a lot of spider Ichors at oasis (name? - the shard zone very west in Orlais) which can be used for Stormcoast requisitions.
- NEVER USE THE 'SELL ALL' BUTTON for valuables! Stuff going to Valuables:
(1) Bestiary items. (these rare drops really help on
(2) Stuff needed for some 'easy to get' power + influence (= perks) requisitions like spider Ichor.
Note: You don't need to spend all Perks when available, just press [back].
I went with general ('Inquisition'?) and 'Force' perks mostly at start-up. Not sure if this is perfect since i lose the +XP for codex stuff. Didn't find an optimal way to get a lot of influence by requisitions before 'oasis' ). Anyways, here my selection:
- + Expand inventory to 90.
- + 4 healing potions extra so you have 12=8+4.
- + 2nd level Focus
- + 10% inc damage reduction to all party members (Force). Available when you got your 1st siege (took some tries but i did western approach in hard mode at level 12).
- + Deft Hands (master lockpicking)
- + Forward Scouting
- + 3rd level Focus
- + 3rd potion slot for additional tonics and potions
- + Larger radius for searching ('v') clickies.