Vivienne's approval rating is determined by your choices in conversation and in the game decisions in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Below is a list of all his reactions to quest and personal dialogue. Approval rating may be checked at the "Gather Party" screen by observing the cards, or by the interactions with the NPC.
Please see the page above to see how judging prisoners affects Approval with this character.
Recovering Tomes with Vivienne in your part will grant (+1) Approval. There are 3 in total. Speaking to her in Skyhold after gathering all three gives you (+3).
Approval on Quest Choices
- At Redcliffe Castle, conscript the mages.
- At Therinfal Redoubt, ally with the templars.
- Say you'll be a “servant of faith” when made Inquisitor.
- Say you'll “set an example as a mage” when made Inquisitor.
- Exile the Wardens after securing Adamant.
- Drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal.
- At Redcliffe Castle, ally with the mages.
- At Therinfal Redoubt, disband the templars.
- Allow Cole to stay in The Forgotten Boy (-2)
- Allow the Wardens to join the Inquisition after securing Adamant.
- Support Gaspard or Briala at the Winter Palace.
- Allow Morrigan to drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal.
Approval on War Table Missions
- Truth or Dare: A Dangerous Game (Leliana) (+2)
Approval on Dialogue
"Tell me: why were you at the Divine Conclave?"
- 1. We need the Circle restored. (+3)
- 2. The templars made their beds. (+1)
- 3. Mages should be free (-1)
- 4. This chaos harms everyone. (+3)
- 5. The rebels are apostates. (+3)
- 6. Justice is all that matters. (-1)
"Whatever the truth is, that belief gives you power?"
- 1. I'll do all i can.
- 2. And you'll help decide.
- 3. Their fate is in their hands.
"And now many believe you are the agent of His will. Whatever the truth is, that belief gives you power."
- 1. No one should have that power
- 3. Andraste chose me.
- 4. I'll use it to change things (-1)
- 6. The Chantry will be restored. (+2)
"...We need Lyrium"
- 1. I'm not feeding an addiction (-1)
"... All mages are in danger..."
- 1. Templars are not the solution (+1)
"... Should the circles return"
- 1. Mages should join the chantry (+3)
"You look dreadful"
- I'm fine (+1)
"...But the Enemy struck a serious blow against you and the Inquisition. We must recognize that. You must.
- It worked in our favor (-1)
- I couldn't save them all (+1)
"...that Morrigan will use her new power against us."
- I trust Morrigan. (?)
- I expect as much. (+2)
- Give me options. (+1)