Blackwall Approval is determined by your choices in conversation and in the game decisions in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Below is a list of all his reactions to quest and personal dialogue. Special Approval: Killing Darkspawn with Blackwall in your party will grant "Blackwall Slightly Approves" (+1) at random intervals. Approval rating may be checked at the "Gather Party" screen by observing the cards, or by the interactions with the NPC.
Collecting these Grey Warden artifacts around Thedas will grant you ( +3) Approval with Blackwall. There are a total of 8.
Blackwall Approval on Quest Choices
- Recruiting Corporal Vale
- Ally with the mages or the templars.
- Say “because it's right” when made Inquisitor.
- Allow the Grey Wardens to join the Inquisition after securing Adamant.
- Support Gaspard at the Winter Palace.
- Gain enough court approval (85+) to have Florianne arrested at the Winter Palace.
- Save Empress Celene's life at the Winter Palace.
- Drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal (if Blackwall is not in a romance with you).
- Morrigan drinks from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal (if Blackwall is in a romance with you).
- Force either the mages or the templars to surrender and serve the Inquisition.
- Say you'll “do it for my own power” when made Inquisitor.
- Exile the Grey Wardens after securing Adamant.
- Support Briala at the Winter Palace.
- Refuse an alliance with Abelas at the Temple of Mythal.
- Allow Empress Celene to be assassinated at the Winter Palace.
Blackwall Approval on Dialogue
"... Wars are won by men...(Talk about the Inquisition)."
- There are many ways to win a war. (+1)
"... You didn't have to take the time to help me, and yet you did"
- It was a good cause. (+2)
**"... Admire you"
- We will do better (+1)
"...Let him come. I swear I'll take the twisted bastard down, even if I have to die to do it."
- Thank you (+1)
- You're taking this hard.
- You're no good to me dead. (-2)
"...It's good to be part of something so important, something that could change things."
- I'm glad. (+1)
- What about the Wardens?
- So we have your loyalty?
"...Someone told me that once. Took me years to understand what he meant."
- Wise words. (+1)
- Isn't it obvious? (-1)
- Why follow at all? (-2)
"...Put aside his own ambitions to help me win the melee. I don't think I ever thanked him."
- A generous act
- Why'd he help you?
- You couldn't win on your own? (-1)
"...But now I believe I made the right decision after all."
- What changed? (+1)
- (Romance) Because of me?. (+1)
- Self-doubt is dangerous. (+1)
"...I should've gone with him. Perhaps things could've been different."
- It all turned out.
- Not necessarily better.
- Regret is useless. (-2)
"...we could make the world better. It's just easier to shut our eyes."
- Don't let that stop you.
- Your eyes aren't shut. (+1)
- All this over a dog? (-1)