|Can be Romanced?||Yes (female elf only)|
Solas is an Companion in Dragon Age 3: Inquisition that joins your party during the prologue.
"Solas has spent his life as an apostate, living in the wilderness well away from the civilized world and those who would shackle him for what he is. He mastered his magic without the help of tutors, spending years exploring the spirit realm of the Fade and coming to an understanding of its denizens that few others could claim. He would be happiest left alone to sleep in ancient ruins, searching for memories and knowledge that has been lost for ages, but the Breach in the sky threatens all worlds.
At a time when other mages flee into hiding, Solas has put his freedom at risk by emerging from the shadows to assist those who would combat the chaos. He will not stand idly by when his knowledge of the arcane could mean the difference between salvation and utter destruction."
- Solas is encountered during the prologue and automatically joins your party.
- He can be later found for conversation near the Alchemist in Haven.
- Leaves when completing All New, Faded for Her, Solas will leave the party regardless of your choice. He may re-join you at Skyhold.
- Approval Opportunity: Measuring the Veil
- Personal Quest: All New, Faded for Her and What Lies Dormant
- No gift quest. No Romance Quest.
How to Romance Solas
Solas is an elven apostate. Players looking to romance Solas must be female and elven, and must have an understanding of Solas' talents and his ingenuity. Being interested in the Fade and its secrets will be met with high approval
- Romance by: Females, Elf only.
- Alignment: Thoughtful and caring for the Fade. Self-reliant and free, sides with mages.
- Important Approval Choices: Solas Approval for regular quests, and Measuring the Veil, All New, Faded for Her and What Lies Dormant
- Romance Point: Flirt with him when possible, and chose to go with him from Skyhold to Haven for a talk about your first encounter. As a female Elf, you will have the option to kiss him here, which unlocks the possibility of romance. Continue on to Haven and complete the talk, and Solas will grant All New, Faded for Her which you must complete without killing his friend. You may be able to kill the spirit if you attempt to negotiate or if you can later persuade Solas of the inevitability of the situation. Either way, once this quest is done Solas will initiate a conversation where you can start a romance.
Solas Alignment & Approval Rating
Solas' approval rating is determined by your choices in conversation and in the game decisions in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Below is a list of all his reactions to quest and personal dialogue. Approval rating may be checked at the "Gather Party" screen by observing the cards, or by the interactions with the NPC.
There are a number of Elven Relics scattered across Thedas that when activated grant ( +1) Approval with Solas. Please see that page for their locaions.
Please see the page above to see how judging prisoners affects Approval with this character.
Approval on Quest Choices
- Recruiting Corporal Vale
- Go to Redcliffe Castle and ally with the mages.
- At Therinfal Redoubt, accept the templars as conscripts.
- Allow Cole to stay in The Forgotten Boy (+2)
- Exile the Wardens after securing Adamant.
- Gain enough court approval (85+) to have Florianne arrested at the Winter Palace.
- Perform the rituals at the Temple of Mythal.
- Accept alliance with Abelas at the Temple of Mythal.
- Allow Morrigan to drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal.
- Using Solas to convince the Hinterlands Healer to go to The Crossroads
- Go to Redcliffe Castle and conscript the mages.
- At Therinfal Redoubt, accept the templars as allies.
- Say you’re a “servant of faith” when made Inquisitor.
- Say you’ll “do it for my own power” when made Inquisitor.
- Allow the Wardens to join the Inquisition after securing Adamant.
- Support Briala at the Winter Palace.
- Ignore the rituals at the Temple of Mythal.
- Refuse an alliance with Abelas at the Temple of Mythal.
- Drink from the Well of Sorrows at the Temple of Mythal.
Approval on War Table Missions
Approval on Dialogue
"... Dialogue trigger."
- example reply. (+2)
- example reply?
- example reply?(-2)
All options give an additional (+1)
Mountain Pass (after closing the Rift)
What about the Breach? (+1)
Charge with the soldiers (+1)
The prisoner, then it was you?
All options (+1)
First Convo w/Solas
4 total possible Slightly Approves available. (1 is in a dialogue chain that is only available if you select the correct dialogue in the previous chain)
After Allying with templars in Champions of the Just
"... At least they know how to fight"
- Don't underestimate them. (-1)
- Beggars can't be choosers. (+1)
- They have their uses (-1)
(if Connor is alive in your game)
"... I can't believe King Alistair though this was the right place to send the mages."
Tell me what you did to them ( +1)
"...The boy with Redcliffe blood on his hands"
It wasn't your fault ( +1)
When asking Solas about Corypherous' plans
- You're sure that's what he'll do? (+1)
"After out time in Halamshiral, I understand why. I had forgotten how I missed court intrigue."
- Glad you liked it.
- You've seen this before? (-1)
- I didn't like it. (-1)
Background & Other Notes